To all potential and existing Thrive clients:
The time has finally come. Given announcements by the provincial government and recommendations by WorkSafe BC, we have been working to develop safety precautions and procedures that will allow us to gradually allow in person counselling beginning May 28.
We ask only clients who consider themselves low-risk to consider in-person sessions as an option and that if you are a front-line worker, you continue to access virtual sessions to keep your counsellor and other clients safe and reduce risk.
We will continue to review our plans in the weeks and months to come and hope that this process will result in keeping everyone supported, safe and as healthy as possible. While we absolutely look forward to seeing each and every one of you in person if you desire, we ask that you strongly consider whether going back to in-person sessions is absolutely necessary for your treatment goals or virtual sessions may be able to meet your needs, as we, similar to many other counsellors in BC, will be offering a limited amount of these sessions.
If you are hoping to return to in-person sessions, we ask that you please read this page closely!
Policies implemented by Thrive Downtown Counselling Centre:
- Sessions with counsellors will continue to be assumed virtual unless you have spoken directly with your counsellor about returning to in-person sessions or have booked IN-PERSON sessions from the online calendar.
- If you typically use our online booking system, you will notice that sessions for both VIDEO and IN-PERSON counselling are available. Please ensure you are booked for the correct type of session and that you have spoken with your counsellor about in-person sessions prior to coming to our centre for an in-person session.
- Thrive is lucky to have a spacious group room, allowing a greater degree of distance during sessions. Despite this, it is still an enclosed space with increased risk of contracting COVID-19. For this reason, we will ask all clients to sign updated Informed Consent forms that include this risk and will be entered into your file. We will send this to you to review prior to your first in-person session.
- We ask that if you are displaying any symptoms, regardless if you believe it is a cold or flu, or possible COVID-19, to not enter the office and cancel your session. We will be flexible with our cancellation policy if you come down with cold and flu-like symptoms if you cancel prior to session. However, if you arrive in office without cancelling and you are showing symptoms, we will unfortunately have to cancel our session and charge the full amount.
Distancing & Sanitization Policies:
- There is hand sanitizer in the waiting room. We ask clients to use this promptly upon entering the office or to use the bathroom sink to wash your hands.
- We will not be requiring the use of masks in office as that reduces our ability to connect with clients; however, if you’d like to wear a mask, we ask that you place it on prior to entering the office.
- In order to allow more space and physical distancing, please do not arrive for your session more than 5 minutes prior to your session time; if you arrive earlier than this, if weather is permitting please wait outside or in the hallways of the Rogers Building.
- We have temporarily removed all reusable mugs, but will provide disposable cups for water, coffee or tea.
- Surfaces touched by clients will be disinfected between sessions and furniture will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- Clinic cleaning procedures: we will be sanitizing all door knobs, handles, and commonly touched surfaces throughout the day, as well as at the start and end of each day and after each client leaves.
- Thrive continues to utilize digital payments done through our online booking system, Jane. This minimizes risk of infection due to physical cash or cheque.